Take Stock in Children mentors serve as positive role models by displaying values of punctuality, dependability, and reliability.
We ask our mentors to be positive, trustworthy, patient, and to be good listeners.
Take Stock in Children Mentoring Requirements:
All mentoring must take place on school grounds
Mentors should meet with their students 3 times a month for at least 30 minutes (this usually takes place during the student’s lunch period)
While the students are in the program for 6 years, we only ask for a 1 school year commitment at a time from our mentors
Steps to Becoming a Mentor
- Click to download the Mentor Application and Alachua County Public Schools Volunteer Form
- Once you have completed them, you can save them to your computer and send them via e-mail attachment to Program Director Rachel Debigare at Debigarere@gm.sbac.edu. You can also return the forms by mail to The Education Foundation 2802 NE 8th Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32641.
- Our staff will conduct mentor training.
- You will be matched with a Take Stock scholar.
- You will introduced you to your scholar and begin to build your own mentor/mentee relationship with them.
We welcome any questions! Please call (352)-955-7250 Ext. 250