The Education Foundation Program & Special Events Director
The Education Foundation of Alachua County is a 501(c)3 organization located in Gainesville, FL our mission is to invest in the future of Alachua County Public School Students. The Education Foundation works closely with the Alachua County Public School district to create programming which meets the needs of students and teachers in Alachua County. Currently, The Education Foundation has 5 main initiatives:
- Senior Scholarship – A college scholarship program open to all high school seniors in Alachua County
- Find It & Fund It – An online portal that allows teachers to post classroom needs and provides the community an opportunity to fund those needs
- Catalyst for Change – A competitive grant program available for teachers and schools awarding $4,000-$6,000 per year for innovative projects.
- Peers in Public Practice and ElevatEd – Two programs whose goal is to bring teachers from across the district together to learn from one another and improve their practice.
- Take Stock in Children – A scholarship and mentoring program working with low-income youth
Program Manager and Special Events Director Job Overview:
Responsible for all Programs of The Education Foundation (excluding Take Stock in Children) as well as all communication and special events. The Program and Special Events director serves as a key liaison between The Education Foundation and the Teachers and Staff of the Alachua County Public Schools.
Specific Duties Include:
- Plan and execute all programs of The Education Foundation of Alachua County, excluding Take Stock in Children.
- Complete all grant information associated with the School District Matching Grant through the Consortium of Florida Education Foundations.
- Create and maintain relationships with Alachua County Public Schools key personnel
- Represent The Education Foundation at community events and prepare presentations as needed.
- Coordinate all special events
- Organize all Public Relations/Marketing/Communication efforts (Including: website, newsletter, and social media pages)
Personal Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to make individual and group presentations.
- Organized and self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the school system and the community (Not required).
Supervisor: Executive Director
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Interested parties should send their resume and cover letter to Executive Director Rachel Debigare at Debigarere@gm.sbac.edu